Monday, May 11, 2009

Helping Hands

I've been adding bit by bit to my "Welcome and Peace" sign using MMM's weekly themes. This week's theme is "helping hands." I was nearly stumped and then I thought of "hearts and hands" ... a recurring personal theme in my life ... and then I thought of the cast aside box of Barbies we have. I used the arms from a "Kelly" doll and made the heart with foil sheeting and used hot glue to get it all stuck together and onto the sign. Using old doll arms is a little "edgy" for me - doll parts seem macabre to me - but I thought this looked like a heart ready for a hug.


MMM themes used so far: dots, easter, mermaids, beach, a significant word, and helping hands.

To see the progress week by week, click HERE.

11 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

ooo Kimmie you've done it again! your heart and hands is brilliant and such a stunning addition to your already wonderful Peace/Welcome sign....can you tell I'm crazy about it :)

Sandy said...

Wow Kimmie this is fantastic.
Brilliant piece of art.

Jane said...

Great idea! I'm with you on the macabre aspect of doll arms, but coupled with that heart, it's a whole different experience.

Janny said...

Super, great piece of work!

Nettie Edwards said...

I think that the heart looks as if it's stretching its arms out and dancing: a lovely image x

Kris Dickinson said...

Just too creative and cool for words Kimmie!

Unknown said...

Well you are right - this is perfect! such a joy to see!

Monique said...

Your sign is really amazing, the heart with the welcoming arms is so wonderful! What an inspiring idea to combine all the challenges.

Rosie said...

Bravo Kimmie - what a delight! I laughed when I saw those little arms... how totally unique! =)

Nan said...

Oh my gosh...this is so neat...I've been away from MMM for awhile and haven't seen your ongoing work...Look forward to seeing more!

Anonymous said...

This is perfect indeed, Kimmie! Love it - you are so clever to come up with something week after week! Diane