Monday, June 29, 2009

Lucky Frog


Do you ever hear frogs? I think they are losing their way in our chemical world. This little story in the children's reader from the 40's talks about frogs as if they were as abundant as squirrels or crows (of which I see and hear tooooo much of). Some animals abundantly prosper, while others drift into oblivion. Survival of the fittest? or the obnoxious-est? Maybe it's the company we deserve if we trash up the place. OK, I'm off my soapbox now. This is a bit of a sequel to the lemonade stand in the previous post. Personal I'm loving these green and gold and red colors right now.


3 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Kimmie, I'm loving these colors now too! You've used them so well. These last few pieces are outstanding! Hugs, Terri xoxo

femminismo said...

Hi, Kimmie. I love these. The illustrations, the reusage of odd bits, the text, the subtle shades of the old Bingo cards - all of it. Bead and bottle cap danglers are really, really fun. You do a great job with these. - Jeanne

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are fabulous!!!! I so agree - I haven't heard frogs in ages! And you don't see many dragonflies either... sad. Love your tin flowers, what a great idea! Marva