Thursday, December 17, 2009

a fun teacher gift ...

... and it's "green!"




... a recycled can and a rooted plant (this one is ivy) make a great gift for children to make and give to their teacher - or anyone really!
I punched holes in the can bottom and spray painted it (spray paint - not so "green") and my 8 year old did the rest.
She even got to have a little science lesson about how cuttings will root in water and make an entirely new plant.
 It only took a week for roots to appear!
Ivy works great - you can also very easily root Christmas Cactus, Geraniums and Spider Plants.


4 comments:

ELK said...

love this idea and I know the teacher did too!

Terri Kahrs said...

What a great gift idea, Kimmie! I love the fact that it's a traditional Christmas ivy. Hugs, Terri xoxo

BadPenny said...

this is a lovely gift & I'm sure the teacher loved it

Amy said...

awww, so sweet..I love the child's handwriting!!