Monday, February 1, 2010

lighthouse staircase


I took Terri Kahrs' suggestion and sewed this piece 
(one of the photographs from my previous post on beeswax)


I attached the words I wrote with a straight pin ....


Not just any straight pin though - this one has a paper bead that I made (and dipped in beeswax).
I made the bead from newsprint - do you see the word "free?" that was purely accidental, but meaningful don't you think?

More on the how to for paper beads (in beeswax) later this week :)

***
If you are interested in owning this piece, it is listed in my etsy shop.

6 comments:

Poetic Artist said...

This is wonderful..The pin wow. No accident in this world..Smile.
Thanks for sharing.
Katelen

Terri Kahrs said...

Might I just say . . . "Wow!" This piece is stunning in it's simplicity, Kimmie. And that pin . . . AWEsome! Hugs, TErri xoxo

heather noye said...

what a happy accident!!! how cool!

ELK said...

you took this to the next level ~ fabulous!

nancy neva gagliano said...

things are always interesting here.
i'm so liking this combo special of photo/wax/fabric/words...hanging like a prayer flay.

*jean* said...

o this is beautiful!