Tuesday, May 25, 2010

a spot of T


I am a little teapot short and stout
here is my handle
here is my spout
when I get all steamed up
then I shout
tip me over
and pour me out

***

I apologize for getting that song stuck up in your head :)
but this teapot always makes me think of that song
and having kids around
we sometimes break into song
and the matching hand motions
for any number of silly songs :)


you're never too old for songs and the matching hand motions!


... (off the subject) and the delphiniums have officially exploded now!

***
... for more lovely spots of T, visit the blogs listed in my sidebar "Tea on Tuesday Blogs"

11 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Such a lovely little pot! And, yes, Kimmie - I will be singing that sweet little ditty this afternoon!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

ooglebloops said...

Perfect childhood rhyme to go with Tea on Tues and the tag on your teabag!!!

Caterina Giglio said...

great post! love the little pot and thanks for the ear worm! I will be humming that all day!
thanks for having me! ciao, bella!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm going to have that song in my head all day. Yep, I'm even going to blame it on you every time I sing it (grin). The little tea pot is perfect for this song, too.

I laughed so hard when I saw the tea bag tag (say that three times fast) I almost fell off my chair. I'm still laughing. Laughing and singing. What could be better this T Tuesday. Hope yours is as happy as you have made mine.

Gina said...

I couldn't find a private email but wanted to let you know I'm mentioning your tea blog list in my next "tatting tea Tuesday" post. Several lace tatters focus on tea and tatting on Tuesday also.
http://threadsofatattinggoddess.blogspot.com/

sukipoet said...

cute tea pot cute song and now I'm off to do a little tea dance.

Reading the comment before mine. Tatters!!! I just love tatting. Not doing it, I dont know how, but the results of others doing it. I think it has just about died out here.

Dianne said...

Lovely pot and flowers.

Nancy said...

oh, I love your pot and a song and dance just adds to the fun :)

~*~Patty said...

Sweet T post Kimmie and I agree with you! Your garden must be such a pretty and colorful place!
The tea tag quote really speaks to me today!
Happy T to you as always!
oxo

S. Etole said...

Takes me back to when my son was little ... 40 years ago.

Linda Vincent said...

Oh I sang that song a few hundred times in my teaching days!! (Only we sang 'when the kettle boils, hear me shout...' :-)
Love the colour of your delphiniums.....