Tuesday, May 11, 2010

tea and a long list





Today, my morning tea is Tazo Ginger Green tea.
I have it perched on a window ledge.
You can see the delphiniums in the background getting ready to explode with color:


The flowers don't have any trouble putting off what they need to do,
they're in a big hurry to get it done and get it done fast.
Only one thing on their list: BLOOM!
But the girls and I only want to curl up with good books.
Here they are reading Harry Potter #2, Harry Potter #4 and Percy Jackson #5.


The things on my list:
... in addition to the usual:
cook, maid, taxi driver, fashion consultant, therapist, diplomat, tutor, personal shopper, etc.


But all of that will have to wait ..... for now, I'll sip my tea and finally read My Father's Dragon upon the insistence of my 8 yr old.

I hope your day is a good one - no matter what is on your list!!!

***

Please also visit these other Tea on Tuesday bloggers:


13 comments:

BadPenny said...

Hi Kimmie - I love your Lighthouse piece. You all look so comfortable reading !
I'm afraid those tea roses are not from my garden ( interner pic ) but I wish they were ! M garden looks a bit sorry for its self at the moment !

Little Messy Missy said...

Love that little porch room!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimmie- I hope that you get to all of the things on your list, and that the many hats that you wear compliment your day as much as you do ours! Happy "T", hugs Christen

Diane said...

What a WONDERFUL photo of your girls--I love it--it just looks so inviting. And I love your to-do list--I've yet to try the peeled paint look, but I will, because I think it is the coolest technique.

Caterina Giglio said...

looks like a simply wonderful life!! enjoy!

ELK said...

l relish that special image of the three deep into books...your list is very interesting..have fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm in awe of your list. I have tried Gaby's peeling paint technique and never gotten the stunning results she gets. I think it takes a bit of practice to know just how much vaseline to put on and where.

Love your cup. Have an awesome Tea Tuesday.

Terri Kahrs said...

The picture of your girls is priceless! Nothing beats curling up with a good read - no matter what your age. I'm so glad you posted your list - reading through it and clicking on each project made me oooh and ahhhh, as I remembered that beautiful wedding gift and your lighthouse piece. I'm enjoying a cup of English Breakfast as I'm wishing you a fabulous day! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Dianne said...

Love the lighthouse piece! How did I miss it?? Looks like a lovely day at your house...

ooglebloops said...

I want to try the peeling paint technique also!! Love the photo of the girls lost in their separate worlds......

Of all your hats, I would think diplomat is the toughest of them all!!!Diplomacy can be a wobbly bridge in momhood and life!!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

what a picture of sweet contentment your girls are...so many things to do and try ... the list IS long!
Happy Sweet T to you dear Kimmie!
oxo

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my goodness -- three girls reading quietly in a beautiful room. Why is that picture NEVER in my house?

steph said...

Hi Kimmie
I'd love to share my love for Tea through T Tuesday..I've enjoyed reading most of the posts.....cheers!! steph